Avo & Feta

Tuesday, 26 January 2016



For reasons unbeknownst to me I decided to check in on this little old blog this morning and cos my breakfast was really nice I thought I'd share it here along with an anti-recipe of sorts because its so simple it doesn't really need a detailed explanation, just chuck it all together on a plate and enjoy basically.

Ingredients needed
Granary Bread/Sourdough (or whatever type you prefer)
2 Eggs
Avocado
Feta Cheese
Rocket
Balsamic Vinegar
Sunflower Seeds
Salt & Pepper

Toast two slices of bread and boil a pan of water for your eggs. I use this handy cling film trick and it makes perfectly shaped poached eggs every time, if its too fussy for you just add some vinegar & salt to the water, swirl it round and plop the egg into the middle & hopefully it should hold its shape.

Peel & slice the avocado (I had to wait THREE WEEKS for these bloody things to ripen cos I thought I'd buy the 'ripen at home' variety, bad mistake I'll buy the ready to go ones from now on) butter your bread & arrange the avocado slices on top. Artfully arrange the rocket & crumbled feta, sprinkle the sunflower seeds then drizzle the balsamic vinegar. Plop your poached eggs on top and finish with freshly ground black pepper & sea salt.

Best enjoyed on one of those lazy days off where you're feeling luxury bitch. I'll leave you with this very sexy photo of the perfectly poached egg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Have anything to say? Drop me a comment! I read and appreciate every single one.